In-fill planting project at the Village Green, a National Historic Landmark.
The Village Green, built in 1941, is a celebrated example of the utopian movement in multi-family development. Based on the Radburn plan, a community idea that drew inspiration from the Garden City movement of the late 19th century, it was a revolution in urban planning. Village Green was designed by Reginald Johnson & Associates and landscape architect Fred Barlow, Jr. The historic designed landscape is listed in the National Register of Historic Places, and was designated a National Historic Landmark property in 2001.